WORRIED ABOUT VIRUS?
Network Security, Endpoint Security, Server Security, Malware, Ransomware, Hacking Attack, Data Security, Data Loss……………. Many concerns. Here is what you should Know and Do’s & Don’ts:
Why Malware, Hackers attacks? All interested in your data only.
Data is one of most important asset of any organization, your IT policies and budget must revolve around importance of data security.
- Prevention is always better than cure. Don’t wait for disaster to happen.
- Don’t assume that virus attack or data loss happens with large organizations or banking sectors.
- Don’t think if it’s never happened in past, it will not occur in future. Murphy’s law: “whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.”
How Malware or Hackers get in to your network?
To make strategy to safeguard your data one should know “how data loss can take place?”
Malware or hackers use more or less same techniques to get in to your network or PC. It can come through internet (websites, emails, application using internet) or external media (like USB Storage drives) or through another infected PC on same network.
A link in email or website will download a program that will give rights to virus, which will further infect network PCs and provide access to data or other important application files.
Absence of good antivirus is a delight for Malware. They also use Operating System & Application Vulnerabilities (loopholes) to find the way to infect your PC. Malwares exploit (ill-use) weak passwords, router & network settings, and even unsigned hardware drivers to get the access to your important data.
- Awareness: Not to open links in suspicious emails, not to open unnecessary & dubious websites. Send regular tips and reminders to all employees.
- Keep good, long & combination Passwords eg (1W1ll-B3-V1rus-Fr33)
- Create a User Account with limited rights and generally work in User Account
- Have good & updated Antivirus / Internet Security / Total Security
- Install only required Apps, uninstall unnecessary applications & files, which are rarely required. If required you can always download and reinstall
- Keep clearing temporary internet files, cookies etc. – may be once every 2 months.
- Most importantly keep your important data backed up on automated basis: 1 local copy and 1 on cloud.
We at PIT, provide best & economical solution to protect data for enterprises, SMB or small organizations. Panzer IT provides 360º IT Security Solutions, Endpoint security, Backup Solutions, DRM, DLP, Encryption with best ROI & TCO for Endpoints, Mobile Devices, Servers & Gateways. We are focused to provide best security software and services to Enterprises, Government, SMB, SOHO supported through channel network & associates across India.
Panzer has reseller network across India with channel eco-system in place. With over two decades experience in IT solutions, we are committed to offer best solution, lowest TCO, prompt support & qualified Account Manager.